How to send and receive custom domain emails through gmail.
Electronic Mail (Email or Emails) are among the most used forms of communication in the world today. It has become a formal way of communicating. About 306 billion emails have been sent in 2020. As a company, you don’t need to be sending your company emails with a gmail or yahoo or outlook domain attached to your emails. It is unprofessional. However, we understand the ease of using these services. Therefore in this article we are going to show you how to setup your company email step by step with images using your gmail account so that you can send and receive emails through gmail.
- The first step is to login into your gmail account. This works well if you are using a computer or laptop. If not, you can login into your account using a web browser on your phone and switch it to desktop site. mobile browser settings may differ in procedure when switching to desktop site.
- In Gmail, click the gear icon, then select See all settings.
- Select the Accounts tab. Check mail from other accounts:
- Enter the full email address then next. On the next page import emails from my other account (POP3)
- On the Username enter the full custom email address and it’s password in the password section. The port must be 995. Uncheck Leave a copy of the retrieved message on the server. This means gmail will be deleting emails from the server when it imports them. This may be good as the emails share the same space with hosting. Check Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail and check Label incoming messages. Uncheck Archive incoming messages then add account.
- That is it, gmail will now be receiving emails from your custom emails. Now we need to be sending emails through gmail. Click Next.
- Enter the name you would want your recipients to see when you send them emails and uncheck treat as an alias then click next.
- Now configure SMTP. Enter your domain name SMTP Server. Make sure the port is 465. Enter the full custom email address on username and it’s password in the password box. Make sure Secured connection, using SSL (recommended) is selected. Then click add Account.
- Check your email after a few seconds, about 30 seconds. Then you will see the verification email from gmail. Copy the code and paste it on the verification box on another window.
- Then you will have the option to set the new email as default. This means, every time you send an email from that gmail account, the default email will be the custom email.
Well done, now go ahead and send and receive those emails.
1 thought on “How to send and receive custom domain emails through gmail.”
This has been very helpful. Thank you so much